Woodworkers are now retrofitting spiral cutter heads to their old planers, jointers for the following advantages.
* Smoother Finish with no tear-out. Each knife sits at a slight angle and it produces a shear-cut. Spiral cutter head planes board in a staggered cut which is much better than a single straight cut. The combined shear and staggered cut eliminates tear-out and leaves a glossy surface finish on even highly figured hardwood.
* Noise is hugely reduced as the spiral cutter head allow a few knives to cut in a staggered way.
* More than 10 times the life use of high-speed steel. The 15x15x2.5mm inserts are made of sintered tungsten carbide which is much harder than high-speed steel. Each insert has four edges.
* Easy to change. The knives are precision ground to a tolerance of +/-0.0004" or +/-0.01mm are interchangeable. Loosen the screw, rotate 90° for a new edge, tighten the insert, which can all be done in minutes. Production time can be cut by 30%.
* Dust extraction is easier. The spiral cutter head produces thinner and shorter chips.
* Low cost to use. Spiral cutter heads produce a smooth finish, reduce or eliminate sanding work, does not require sharpening.
Ask Question About Product
|Material of Cutterblock||Alloy Steel|
|No. of Spirals||4|
|No. of Carbide Inserts||14PCS|
|Carbide Insert Size||15x15x2.5mm R150 30°|
|Screw Size||T25 10#-32TPI|
|No. of Additional Knives||5|
|No. of Additional Screws||5|
|No. of Wrenches||1|
|No. of Bearings||2|