Spiral Cutterhead for Makita Power Planer 1923H with 14 carbide inserts
Woodworkers are now retrofitting spiral cutter heads to their old planers, jointers for the following advantages.
* Smoother Finish with no tear-out. Each knife sits at a slight angle and it produces a shear-cut. Spiral cutter head planes board in a staggered cut which is much better than a single straight cut. The combined shear and staggered cut eliminates tear-out and leaves a glossy surface finish on even highly figured hardwood.
* Noise is hugely reduced as the spiral cutter head allow a few knives to cut in a staggered way.
* More than 10 times the life use of high-speed steel. The 15x15x2.5mm inserts are made of sintered tungsten carbide which is much harder than high-speed steel. Each insert has four edges.
* Easy to change. The knives are precision ground to a tolerance of +/-0.0004" or +/-0.01mm are interchangeable. Loosen the screw, rotate 90° for a new edge, tighten the insert, which can all be done in minutes. Production time can be cut by 30%.
* Dust extraction is easier. The spiral cutter head produces thinner and shorter chips.
* Low cost to use. Spiral cutter heads produce a smooth finish, reduce or eliminate sanding work, does not require sharpening.
Spiral Cutterhead Kit includes:
* High tensile strength alloy steel cutter block.
* 14 carbide inserts are installed.
* 5 extra carbide inserts & 5 extra screws free as spare parts.
* 2 Premium bearings
* 1 Wrench
Please be noted that the bearing at the pulley end is installed. Place the ring inside the countesink bore and then press the smaller bearing to the cutterhead.
Ask Question About Product
|Material of Cutterblock||Alloy Steel|
|No. of Spirals||4|
|No. of Carbide Inserts||14PCS|
|Carbide Insert Size||15x15x2.5mm R150 30°|
|Screw Size||T25 10#-32TPI|
|No. of Additional Knives||5|
|No. of Additional Screws||5|
|No. of Wrenches||1|
|No. of Bearings||2|