WEN 6552T 13-inch benchtop thickness planer with a pre-installed spiral cutterhead.
The WEN 6552T benchtop planer planes boards up to 6 inches thick and 13 inches wide. The dust port efficiently removes chips and sawdust from the wood and the cutterhead, ensuring a clean work envionment. Using the handle on top the height of the cutterhead can easily be adjusted. The planer operates at 120V 60 Hz 15A.
The spiral cutterhead provides the following benefits for your planing needs:
- Better quality finish with no-tear out. All the cutting inserts are angled along the helix in a staggered pattern and produce a shear cut effect on the board which ensures a smoother finish than even an 180# grit sanding belt produces.
- Noise is hugely reduced as the spiral cutter head keeps constant contact with the board with only a few knives.
- The solid tungsten carbide from which the cutting inserts are made stays sharper and is much harder than high speed steel. If one edge chips or dulls, rotate it 90° to reveal a new sharp edge. Each insert has four cutting edges and can be used four times.
- Ease of setup. The indexable carbide inserts are precision ground to a very tight tolerance and are interchangeable. The inserts can be precisely positioned by the taper hole style locking.
The Spiral Cutterhead Planer Kit includes:
* Benchtop WEN Planer
* High tensile strength alloy steel cutter block
* Preinstalled carbide inserts
* 5 extra carbide inserts & 5 extra screws free as spare parts
* 1 Wrench
* 1-year warranty for cutter block
Ask Question About Product