TEICHERT & SOHN in Germany made heavy duty woodworking planers and jointers in early 1920 to 1930's. Below are the pictures of 800mm planner and 600mm planer-jointers.
A lot of woodworkers are still using these heavily built machines. We take pride in helpping these machine owners upgrade them with spiral cuttheads.
Woodworkers are now retrofitting spiral cutterheads to their old planers, jointers for the following advantages.
1. Smoother Finish with no tear-out. Each knife sits at a slight angle and produces shear-cut . Spiral cutterhead planes board in a staggered way which is much better than a single straight cut. The combined shear and staggered cut eliminates tear-out and leaves a glossy surface finish on even highly figured hardwood.
2. Noise is dramatically reduced as spiral cutterhead allows a few knives to cut in a staggered way.
3. More than 10 times the life use of high speed steel. The 15x15x2.5mm inserts are made of sintered tungsten carbide which is much harder than high-speed steel. Each insert has four edges.
4. Easy to change. The knives are precision ground to a tolerance of +/-0.0004" or +/-0.01mm and are interchangeable. Loosen the screw, rotate 90° for a new edge, tighten the insert in minutes. It cuts your production time by 30%.
5. Dust extraction is easier. Spiral cutterhead produces thinner and shorter chips.
6. Low cost to use. Spiral cutterheads produce smoother finish, reduce or eliminate sanding work, don't require sharpening, your product will pay for itself in a very short time.
Ask Question About Product