Mastercraft 3 1/4-in 6A Planer with Spiral Cutterhead Installed
This mastercraft planer has a 120 Volt 6 Amp motor and over 17,000 rotations per minute. It has been retrofitted with a Sheartak spiral cutterhead for better finish quality, lower noise level, and efficiency. It has the following planing capacity: width - of 3 1/4" (8.2 cm), depth up to 1/8" (3 mm), and a rabbeting depth of 1/2" (12.7 mm). The total weight is 6 lb 3 oz (2.8 kg).
Shavings can be directed either to the right or the left with the option of attaching a dust bag.
The spiral cutterhead provides the following advantages:
* Smoother Finish with no tear-out. Each knife sits at a slight angle and produces a shear-cut. Spiral cutterhead planes board in the staggered cut which is much better than a single straight cut. The combined shear and staggered cut eliminates tear-out and leaves a glossy surface finish on even highly figured hardwood.
* Noise is hugely reduced as the spiral cutterhead allows a few knives to cut in a staggered way.
* More than 10 times the life use of high-speed steel. The 15x15x2.5mm inserts are made of sintered tungsten carbide which is much harder than high-speed steel. Each insert has four edges.
* Easy to change. The knives are precision ground to a tolerance of +/-0.0004" or +/-0.01mm and are interchangeable. Loosen the screw, rotate 90° for a new edge, and tighten the insert in minutes. It cuts your production time by 30%.
* Dust extraction is easier. The spiral cutterhead produces thinner and shorter chips.
* Low cost to use. Spiral cutterheads produce a smoother finish, reduce or eliminate sanding work, and don't require sharpening, your products will pay for themselves in a very short time.
Ask Question About Product