Spiral Cutterhead for Dewalt 20V Cordless Planer - 3 1/4" W DCP580B
Woodworkers are now retrofitting spiral cutter heads to their old planers, and jointers for the following advantages.
* Smoother Finish with no tear-out. Each knife sits at a slight angle and it produces a shear cut. Spiral cutter head planes board in a staggered cut which is much better than a single straight cut. The combined shear and staggered cut eliminates tear-out and leaves a glossy surface finish on even highly figured hardwood.
* Noise is hugely reduced as the spiral cutter head allows a few knives to cut in a staggered way.
* More than 10 times the life use of high-speed steel. The 15x15x2.5mm inserts are made of sintered tungsten carbide which is much harder than high-speed steel. Each insert has four edges.
* Easy to change. The knives are precision ground to a tolerance of +/-0.0004" or +/-0.01mm and are interchangeable. Loosen the screw, rotate 90° for a new edge, and tighten the insert in minutes.
* Dust extraction is easier. The spiral cutter head produces thinner and shorter chips.
* Low cost to use. Spiral cutter heads produce a smooth finish, reduce or eliminate sanding work, don't require sharpening, the product will pay for itself in a very short time.
Travis: Would this fit the Dewalt D26676?2023-01-22 03:39:05
Answer: We don\'t have the sizes of the spiral cutterhead for DeWalt D26676. The parts diagram and part list don\'t provide any helpful information. If you help us verify the sizes, we can then tell if the spiral cutterhead for DCP580 can fit D26676. Can you remove the cutterhead, measure the sizes? We will be glad to make you a customized cutterhead for your planer.2023-01-24 19:39:17
Ask Question About Product
|Material of Cutterblock||Alloy Steel|
|No. of Spirals||4|
|No. of Carbide Inserts||14PCS|
|Carbide Insert Size||15x15x2.5mm R150 30°|
|Screw Size||T25 10#-32TPI|
|No. of Additional Knives||5|
|No. of Additional Screws||5|
|No. of Wrenches||1|
|No. of Bearings||2|